Friday, May 28, 2010

Bittersweet Symphony This Life..






So.. I have two swallows like the one to the left... and I knew that it meant you'll always come back home and you were loyal.. but thanks to wikianswer, I found out some other interesting facts about the swallow and old time sailors, but apparently if you have them on your hands you're a swinger.. glad mine are on my shoulders :)





I got the tattoo in memory of my cousin Lance that passed away. He was killed on his motorcycle in September 2008. He was such a bubbly guy and always had a smile on his face. It reminds me to cherish every day and remember that life is too short to sweat the small things. He was my second cousin that was taken away from me at a young age. My cousin Andrew was stabbed and killed in a parking ramp in Minneapolis. Life is bittersweet, and it's hard to go through with the "everything happens for a reason," when things like that happen. But it definitely makes you stronger. It's always hard to think about, but positivity and knowing he's in a safe place makes me feel relieved. Everytime I have a Busch Light, I know it's for Lance.



So aside from that on a positive note, it's Memorial weekend and I am thrilled to have three days off. Life has been chaotic since I've moved to Colorado and I can't wait to spend some time with Dan.... so here we are.. doesn't he look happy.



Okay so as I was writing this blog entry... the song Bittersweet Symphony came on by the Verve... now I am a bit creeped out.... not a fan of coincidence or possessive things happening around me that I didn't intend. Which is kind of weird because I like to learn about old myths, and different types of myths and tall tales from different places around the world.

No comments:

Post a Comment