Thursday, February 5, 2009

Tastes like last night..

Ever have one of those days where all you can taste is last night? These days typically are on a Saturday or Sunday for this kid. I like to thank Senior Patron and Captain Morgan for leaving their presence in my mouth the next day to linger the awful/embaressing mess I probably made of myself the night prior. Hence the title for this page. Story behind "tasting like last night" all started when my 4 year relationship ended. It was my time to be free and giver' hell. If it was ladies night..I WAS there. I could honestly say I went about two months of non stop drinking...what happened? Well 1. My bank account hated life due to my binger and 2. It was getting me nowhere. Does really drowning my sorrows help? Not really...I'd wake up everyday feeling shameful for some stupid action that happened the night before. Now...I am quite proud of myself..I haven't seen the neon lights of ladies night in probably a month..I've kept my drinking to a minimum and feel hella better. I took advantage of being 21 and now little over a month from turning 22, am glad I got it out of my system. I'll look back at the days where I lived in Apple Valley and will definitely say to myself "those were the days..."



My first place...ahh.. I moved in around August/September. It was quiet, safe, and lonely. Ashley ended her 3.5 year relationship and moved in. This is when the fun shitshow began. I am SO happy I have her to be around because she always makes me happy and puts up with my bullshit. The lease for The Apple Valley Condo is ending this March 31st,2009....and I'll miss it but with every new place, comes a new chapter. We're planning on moving to bigger and better. Apple Valley, please accept my apology for wearing out my welcome sooner than most. Bogarts, Panino, and Majors...we shall meet again.


The reason for my farewell...my condo is getting shown to prospective tenants tomorrow and it felt necessary. If we had a poster that all the guests could sign when they visited the fortress of Jill..the list would be endless. An apology to the neighbors/ghosts should be a requirement. My un-necessarily loud music and dancing shouldn't be tolerated..then again if i EVER saw a person it was once in a blue moon. It's like living with a bunch of ghosts..running to the peek-hole when I hear someone in the hallway is a daily occurence..I like to believe that actual human beings live in this building with me not demons and ghosts that make noise. I think that Apple Valley taught me and Ashley plenty of lessons and they were learned.

*Anyway... I'm obsessed with my fingernails now that I stopped biting them. Due to a brand new $1200 porcelain veneer on my right front tooth...
Todays color is "My Private Jet" -O.P.I. see for yourself how glorious it is.
Not my hands but you get the point...










What the crap...today is February 5th, usually the first week in February is BRUTALLY cold here in Minnesota. Not today...It's like 30° outside..picked a horrible year to take up snowboarding. What happened to this? What was nice fluffy snow for my face to smash off of..is now hard, dirty, and icy.


I had to do everything in my power to get Ashley to play in the snow that night. Obviously it was fun..







I want this fresh powder to come back to me. Speaking of...if I wasn't a broke joke..I'd be on my way to the Upper Peninsula of Michigan to hit up Indianhead and Big Powderhorn with my brother but Noooo..I decided to purchase Freestyle Motocross tickets for Saturday night and 1. Cannot GIVE them away and 2. have nobody to drag along with me. Sounds like a lose-lose situation if ya ask me. No worries Aperature..I'll take you out soon!








Meet Mr. Head..SUPER original I know. He came in the cutest cylinder clear box I HAD to buy him. The most fun store I've ever been to called "Down in the Valley" perfect for all the stoners out there, and has the most random products inside. From Vinyls, CDS, Books, Insence, Candles, Band T-Shrits...AKA= My paradise.. I could spend hours in this place. I bought a MASSIVE poster from the movie BLOW there (see pictures above.) I have been eyeing up these Boondock Saints T-shirts/Hoodys they have there for the last couple months.. I could get lost in this store..stores such as Down in the Valley, Electric Fetus, and The Last Place on Earth...really make my life complete. What more could I want then a soil head with a face to grow grass hair on top of it's head?! I admit... when Mr. Head wasn't sprouting for the longest time I felt like I failed to give him a life...then one magical day ONE... ONE alfalfa looking hair popped out...I got that gleaming light of hope. I DID IT! now look at that beautiful head of hair!! I GREW THAT! The pictures over a week old so you can imagine how bad ass it is now. I am just waiting for it to get thicker before I give him a mad mullet or flat top...depends on my mood.






Glorious collage I made using www.picnik.com check it out!! Amazing to edit pictures and you don't even have to register.









Ode to the Sugar Skull...





















Probably the sickesst thing I've ever laid my eyes on. The Mexican sugar skull. That tattoo on the back is so major. I want to get a sugar skull tattoo...the only thing holding me back is the fact I already have a skull tattoo. Some history on this bad boy : (Thanks Wikipedia)


The Day of the Dead (Día de los Muertos in Spanish) is a holiday celebrated mainly in Latin America and by Latinos (and others) living in the United States and Canada. The holiday focuses on gatherings of family and friends to pray for and remember friends and family members who have died. The celebration occurs on the 1st and 2nd of November, in connection with the Catholic holy days of All Saints' Day and All Souls' Day which take place on those days. Traditions include building private altars honoring the deceased, using sugar skulls, marigolds, and the favorite foods and beverages of the departed, and visiting graves with these as gifts.
Scholars trace the origins of the modern holiday to indigenous observances dating back thousands of years, and to an Aztec festival dedicated to a goddess called Mictecacihuatl (known in English as "The Lady of the Dead").
Similar holidays are celebrated in many parts of the world; for example, it is a public holiday in Brazil, where many Brazilians celebrate by visiting cemeteries and churches. In Spain, there are festivals and parades, and at the end of the day, people gather at cemeteries and pray for their loved ones who have died. Similar observances occur elsewhere in Europe and in the Philippines, and similarly-themed celebrations appear in many Asian and African cultures.
I'll make my OWN damn photobooth ....

No comments:

Post a Comment